Surrounded by granite walls, waterfalls and old forest, you can camp at the valley’s epicenter located near an old refugio along a grassy stretch of open pampa along the Cochamó River. Camping La Junta makes the ideal base for climbing and trekking in the valley. The camping includes running water, solar showers and composting toliets. More amenities are shown below.
- 2 roofed shelters with fire pits, tables and benches.
- Showers (solar warmed water, no hot water).
- 3 large sinks for washing dishes.
- 6 composting toliets.
- 1 sink dedicated for only washing clothing.
- Information board with maps, hike descriptions and climbing info.
- Campsites spread out on several hectors of open meadow and trees.